Concordia University Texas and the School of Business and Communication are proud
to partner with RecognizeGood in the Ethics in Business Awards. The Ethics in Business awards recognize outstanding ethical practices and celebrate
the idea that "doing good is good business in Central Texas." This year's award banquet was held on May 20, 2016.
Above: Jacqueline Knell (CTX School of Business and Communication Student) with Dr. Lynette Gillis at 2016 Ethics in Business Awards.
Nominations are made by the community online at RecognizeGood.org. Students from the School of Business and Communication at Concordia University Texas vet each candidate before trimming them to three finalists in each category (large business, mid-size business, small business, non-profit, and individual). The finalists are presented to a selection committee of business and community leaders led by Dr. Lynette Gillis, AVP of Graduate and Professional Studies at CTX. Nominees are judged on five distinct categories: Being Respectful, Being Fair, Being Honest, Striving for Justice, and Embracing Sustainability. Life-time achievement awards are also given.
Proceeds from this event benefit the Samaritan Center, who presented the Ethics in Business Awards until the program's adoption by RecognizeGood in 2011.
- Large Business: 3M
- Mid-size Business: Radiation Detection Company
- Small Business: Chasse Consulting
- Nonprofit: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas
- Individual: Brett Cenkus
- Lifetime Achievement: Regina Rogoff, People's Community Clinic
Above: 2016 Tom and Reina Wiatt Scholarship, presented to Concordia University Texas for their service to RecognizeGood, by Reina Wiatt
- Large Business: IBM
- Mid-size Business: Kendra Scott Stores
- Small Business: Hagbros Precision
- Nonprofit: R.O.C.K.
- Individual: Patti Smith
- Community Impact Newspaper (Large Business)
- Atchley Associates, LLP (Small Business)
- Sustainable Food Center (Nonprofit)
- Sara Pantin (Individual)
- Matt Kouri, Greenlights for Nonprofit Success(Lifetime Achievement)
- Wag-A-Bag (Small Business)
- Texas Disposal Systems (Large)
- Impact Austin (Nonprofit)
- Matt Kouri (Individual)
- Gonzalez Office Products (Small Business)
- K N Management (Large Business)
- Run Tex Foundation (Nonprofit)
- John Levy (Individual)
- Hospice Austin ( Lifetime Achievement)
- Maxwell Locke Ritter (Business)
- ABC Home and Commercial Services (Business)
- Flynn Construction (Business)
- Round Rock Area Serving Center (Nonprofit)
- Laurie Loew (Individual)
Lya Morfitt, alumnae, and Linda Greenwald, administrative assistant, Concordia College of Business