The Norman W. Holmes Scholarship Endowment will award one $1,400 scholarship.
Applications will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, October 13.
Qualifications of Recipient:
- Only one student will be selected
- Be classified as a junior according to the number of credit hours achieved as set by the Registrar's office. The student can be classified as a senior, but must have at least one semester remaining before graduation, in which the scholarship can be applied. The scholarship will be announced in the Spring semester and is to be awarded/used in the next one or two semesters.
- In good academic and disciplinary standing, as defined by the standards of Concordia
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Ranked in the top 10% of their class
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration degree
- Demonstrating mastery of business subjects and their seriousness of purpose and enthusiasm for the business curriculum, and strongly indicated potential for substantial success in that endeavor
- Exhibiting successful entrepreneurial traits through personal accomplishment and industriousness
- Growing in interpersonal skills and clearly embrace the heart for servant leadership, serving the common good within the Concordia community and beyond
- Committed to Christian principles and put Jesus Christ first in their lives
- US citizens who have resided in the country for a minimum of 60 consecutive months at the time of enrollment
Required Supporting Documentation:
- List of 3 references
- Letter of reference
- A one-page essay describing how the student plans to leave their mark on the world
based on their education.
Once students have applied:
- The recipient will be selected by a committee composed of three full-time faculty members from Concordia. The Dean of the College of Business will appoint two members from the College of Business and one other full-time faculty member, preferably another business professor.
- The recipient will be notified by the Office of Concordia’s College of Business.
- This scholarship can be stacked with other scholarships received by the recipient, but is limited to the amount of the cost of tuition and fees.
Scholarship applications will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, October 13.
Students must apply by submitting their scholarship application and all required supporting documentation to the:
School of Business and Communication
Attn: Susannah Anderson, Executive Administrative Assistant
Concordia University Texas
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, TX 78726