The Principal Certification Preparation only program is designed for individuals already holding a Master’s degree who wish to obtain Texas Principal Certification. The program is comprised of 24 credit hours (9 courses). This specialization prepares students to sit for the TExES Principal Certification Exam #068. (Available on-ground and online). A 32-week practicum is required.
Candidates for the Texas Principal certificate must:
- Hold a master's degree
- Hold a valid classroom teaching certificate
- Have a minimum of two creditable years of classroom teaching experience in a K-12 school
- Successfully complete a principal preparation program, including a practicum at a TEA-approved campus in Texas under the guidance of a state-certified mentor.
- Obtain permission from Concordia to sit for the Texas principal certification exam (this is done by passing the practice exam with a score of 80% or better correct).
- Pass the state Principal Exam (068).
Graduate students selecting this specialization:
- Will meet principal certification requirements set forth by the State of Texas
- Will display ethical and Christian leadership skills necessary to help students grow in a healthy and productive manner
- Will display all the skills necessary to be a successful administrator at private or public schools
- Will be trained in federal, state, and local laws, policies, and procedures
- Will have the opportunity to complete Advancing Educational Leadership (AEL) and Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) training
- Will complete a practicum as an acting administrator at the campus or district level
Course Requirements (24 hours)
*MED 5305 Education Research
*MED 5308 Ethics and Leadership in Education
EDAD 5322 Legal Foundations of Education
EDAD 5323 Evaluation and Assessment in Education
EDAD 5351 Principal as Diversity Leader
EDAD 5352 Principal as Resource Leader
EDAD 5353 Principal as Professional Development and Continuing Education Leader
EDAD 5154 Practicum I
EDAD 5254 Practicum II
*Contained within the M.Ed. core
Apply for the Principal Certification Preparation only program