- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the prerequisite natural science courses.
- Transfer applicants: pre-nursing degree requirements cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Second degree seeking students: conferred degree cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Personal essay describing why the student seeks a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Concordia.
- Three recommendation forms from professional sources, i.e. faculty member, supervisor etc.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS VI) within one year of beginning the BSN program. No more than two attempts will be accepted to reach minimum score requirements.
Once you are accepted into the nursing program, you must complete the following:
- American Heart Association CPR certification from the “Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers” course.
- Criminal background screening.
- Drug screening.
- Certified background checks for both the University and the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Satisfactory completion of all immunization and health participation requirements through Castle Branch.
You will be required to submit proof you have completed all of these participation requirements before you begin your accelerated nursing education. These requirements are subject to change for each cohort and will be provided to you upon your acceptance.
Freshmen interested in completing the Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree will be designated as Global Public Health majors as they complete the nursing prerequisite courses before applying to the School of Nursing.
Students transferring from another regionally accredited institution must also complete the prerequisite courses before applying to the School of Nursing. We do accept incoming transfer students directly into the School of Nursing if prerequisite requirements are met. All incoming transfer students must be advised by an Admissions Counselor.
Current Concordia Students
Students majoring in Global Public Health can apply for the Nursing program during the last semester of prerequisite courses.
Complete the application for Undergraduate Admission for Concordia University Texas online and pay the $25 application fee. Admission to Concordia University does not guarantee admission to the School of Nursing.
Fall Semester 2018: April 2, 2018
The Fall 2018 supplemental nursing form is open. Those looking to transfer directly into the Professional Nursing Sequence in Fall 2018 should go ahead and submit the general admissions application and focus on preparing for the ATI TEAS exam.
Submit Required Documents
Submit official college transcripts from every institution you have attended. If any of your transcripts are from a foreign institution, see additional information about submitting through WES.
Concordia University Texas
Office of Admissions
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, Texas 78726
3. Deliver in person
A student delivered transcript will only be accepted as an official if it is received in the original sealed envelope and stamped by the institution of records as "Issued to the Student."