- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the prerequisite natural science courses (detailed degree requirements)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Personal essay describing why the student seeks a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Concordia
- Three recommendation forms from the following professional sources, i.e. faculty member, supervisor etc. These are integrated into supplemental nurisng form so there is no need to send any sort of recommendation separately.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS) If you took the ATI TEAS twice submit both profiles. The ATI TEAS must have been taken within one year of the start date of the program. An applicant must achieve at least 67 on the ATI TEAS to register for nursing courses.
Freshmen students interested in completing the Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree will first enter the Pre-Nursing Program and complete the nursing prerequisite courses before applying to the School of Nursing. All Pre-Nursing students must be advised by their faculty advisor from the School of Natural and Applied Sciences to ensure enrollment in the correct Pre-Nursing courses.
Students transferring from another regionally accredited institution must also complete the prerequisite courses before applying to the School of Nursing. We do accept incoming transfer students directly into the School of Nursing if prerequisite requirements are met. All incoming transfer students must be advised by an Admissions Counselor.
Current Concordia Students
Concordia students can apply for the Nursing Program during the last semester of prerequisite courses. Students should work with their School of Natural and Applied Sciences faculty advisor to ensure they are on track. To complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, you must fulfill certain Pre-Nursing requirements.
Complete the application for Undergraduate Admission for Concordia University Texas online and pay the $25 application fee. Admission to Concordia University does not guarantee admission to the School of Nursing.
Fall Semester 2017: March 31st
The Fall 2017 supplemental nursing form will open in February. Those looking to transfer directly into the Professional Nursing Sequence in Fall 2017 should go ahead and submit the general admissions application and focus on preparing for the ATI TEAS exam.
Spring Semester 2018: TBD
Submit Required Documents
Submit official college transcripts from every institution you have attended. If any of your transcripts are from a foreign institution, see additional information about submitting through WES.
Concordia University Texas
Office of Admissions
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, Texas 78726
3. Deliver in person
A student delivered transcript will only be accepted as an official if it is received in the original sealed envelope and stamped by the institution of records as "Issued to the Student."