- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the prerequisite natural science courses (detailed degree requirements)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall
- Personal essay describing why the student seeks a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (instructions included in the Nursing Application Checklist (PDF))
- Three letters of recommendation (instructions included on the Nursing Application Checklist (PDF))
- American Heart Association CPR certification from the “Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers” course
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) Individual Performance Profile – page one only. If you took the TEAS V twice submit both profiles. The TEAS V must have been taken within one year of the nursing application submission date.
Once all required application materials have been received by the Nursing Program, the application is reviewed and evaluated by the Nursing Faculty.
Freshmen students interested in completing the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree will first enter the Pre-Nursing Program and complete the nursing prerequisite courses before applying to the Nursing Program. All pre-nursing students must be advised by College of Science academic advisors to ensure enrollment in the correct pre-nursing courses.
Students Transferring from an accredited institution must also complete the pre-requisite courses before applying to the Nursing Program. All transfers must be advised by an Admissions Counselor and a Nursing Academic Advisor.
Current Concordia Students
Concordia students can apply for the Nursing Program during the second semester of their sophomore year, after speaking to their College of Science academic advisor. To complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, you must fulfill certain pre-nursing requirements must be completed.
Complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission for Concordia University Texas online and pay the $25 application fee. Admission to Concordia University does not guarantee admission to the Concordia University Nursing Program.
Fall Semester: April 1st
Spring Semester: October 1st
Submit Required Documents
Submit official college transcripts from every institution you have attended. Please request immediately as it may take up to six weeks for transcripts to be sent. If any of your transcripts are from a foreign institution please, see additional information about submitting through AACRAO.
Concordia University Texas
Office of Admissions
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, Texas 78726
3. Deliver in person
A student delivered transcript will only be accepted as an official if it is received in the original sealed envelope and stamped by the institution of records as "Issued to the Student."
Once accepted to the university, your Admissions Counselor will evaluate your previous coursework. If you are in the final semester of completing nursing prerequisite course requirements, or if you have already completed them, your Admissions Counselor will give you the link to the Nursing Program Online Application.
The personal essay and three letters of recommendation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Nursing Program: Attention Elizabeth Rall
Concordia University Texas
11400 Concordia University Drive, Austin, TX 78726
Preparing for the TEAS V
Preparing for the TEAS V is very important. Nursing research emphasizes that applicants scoring high on pre-nursing standardized tests are quite likely to be successful in nursing school. The Concordia BSN program strongly encourages applicants to order the study manual and take the two practice exams described at http://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/PreNursingSchool/TEAS.aspx. Applicants will find:
- Learning Strategies: Your Guide to Classroom and Test-Taking Success
- TEAS V Study Guide ($46 + Shipping & Handling)
- TEAS Online Practice Assessments ($39 each; OR order TEAS V Study Guide and 2 online practice Assessments for $92.00 + Shipping & Handling)
- TEAS Transcripts
Only a few applicants “naturally” are able to sit for the TEAS V and earn high scores. Most applicants practice answering questions using a timer. Why?
- The TEAS V has a time limit of 209 minutes with four-option multiple choice questions
- Reading is 58 minutes with 48 questions
- Mathematics is 51 minutes with 34 questions
- Science is 66 minutes with 54 questions
- English and Language Usage is 34 minutes with 34 questions