Live Broadcast Featuring World-Famous Business and Cultural Leaders
Article written by firstname.lastname@example.org on Mar. 12, 2014
Concordia University Texas will host a live broadcast of “Leadercast,” a one-day, worldwide leadership conference that is simulcast at more than 600 locations within more than 40 different countries. “Leadercast,” the largest convergence of leaders in the world, aims to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership by providing communities and businesses with access to world-renowned leaders in business, arts, politics and more.
Concordia University Texas is one of more than 600 locations around the world to broadcast “Leadercast” live from Atlanta, Ga. John Griffin, Concordia MBA graduate and founding partner of the John C. Maxwell Team, will host Concordia’s broadcast.
“In keeping with Concordia’s mission of developing Christian leaders, we are pleased to not only welcome the event to our campus, but to also feature one of our very own graduates, John Griffin, as the local host,” John Adams, director of alumni relations at Concordia University Texas, said. “This event is a great way to recognize exceptional leaders.”
This year’s theme is “Beyond You,” and it will focus on challenging leaders to leverage their influence for the sake of others. Speakers include:
- Laura Bush, formerFirst Lady of the United States (via exclusive video interview)
- Henry Cloud, Ph.D., clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
- Malcolm Gladwell,journalist and best-selling author (The Tipping Point, Outliers)
- Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP AG, a multinational software corporation
- Laura Schroff,former advertising executive and best-selling author (An Invisible Thread)
- Simon Sinek, best-selling author (Start with Why) and leadership expert
- Andy Stanley, leadership author and communicator
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu,Nobel laureate & human rights activist
- Randall Wallace, screenwriter, director, producer and songwriter (Braveheart, Secretariat)
Last year, more than 100,000 leaders from 14 countries attended “Leadercast”. Now, in its 15th year, this experiential conference is on track to reach its largest audience to date.
“Leadercast Austin” will run from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on May 9. Registration will begin at 7 a.m. Discounted tickets ($109) are available to attendees who register by March 31. Group discounts are also available. A light breakfast and lunch buffet are included in the ticket price.
For more information about “Leadercast Austin” or to purchase tickets, visit LeadercastAustin.com or call (512) 695-7773.
See All University News