Free Online Tutoring Available for CTX students!
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, the Success Center will offer 24/7 online tutoring that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device.
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math – Fundamentals of Math, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus I & II, Geometry, Introduction to Statistics, Business Statistics
- Science –Principles of Biology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Chemistry I & II, Physics I & II
- Coming in mid-September - Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Organic Chemistry I & II,
- Writing & Literature Assistance
- History – U.S. History, Western Civilization and American Government and Citizenship -
- Business – Accounting, Finance, Economics (3pm – midnight everyday)
- En Espanol – Math, Science and Social Studies
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
- Sign in to your Blackboard account and click on theTutor.com link in the Tools list
- Scroll over the relevant Tutoring Center and select your subject to be connected to a tutor
- After you work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email or Facebook
- Review your session again at any time
- Save your tutor as a “Favorite”
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.