Each school may have two entries per grade level. Each participant will prepare a three minute (maximum and minimum) informative speech on one of the following topics. The speaker may use notes during the presentation, but should not read.
- What do you think are the most important issues our Presidential candidates should focus on this year?
- What would you say are the three things every college student should know when he/she graduates?
- Now that the world population has reached 7 billion, what impact will this have for our youngest generation of Americans?
Each prepared speech will be evaluated according to the following:
- Is the introduction interesting and clearly related to the topic?
- Is the progression of ideas in the body easy to follow?
- Are the supporting details central to the purpose of the study?
- Is the grammar in the speech correct?
- Is the speaker enthusiastic about the subject?
- Does the speaker have good eye contact?
- Do the vocal factors or time, pitch, force, quality, and variety enhance the presentation?
Each student will receive a written critique of his/her speech as well as a ribbon indicating the level of performance.