What can the Healthcare Administration Program do for you?
The skills and competencies you develop on this program will prepare you for an entry to mid-level management position within a healthcare related enterprise.
Within the healthcare arena, these competencies will potentially be useful in many fields:
- Clinical Education Management
- Facilities Management
- Food and Nutrition Management
- Information Systems Management
- Performance Improvement
- Public Relations
- Risk Management
- Services Training
- Supply Chain Management
- Quality Management
What kinds of competencies will you develop?
- Technical Skills (Operations, Finance, Information Systems, Strategic Planning)
- Industry Knowledge (Clinical Processes, Healthcare Institutions, Healthcare Regulations)
- Critical Thinking
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Skills (Analyze and improve work flow processes; Analyze costs and benefits in financial decision making; Perform a job analysis)
- Industry Knowledge (Appreciate roles of many healthcare professionals and how they relate; Apply legal requirements and regulations to patients and employees)
- Interpersonal Skills (Partnering, coaching, managerial courage)
Where are the HCA job opportunities?
- Managed Care Organizations
- Healthcare Insurance Organizations
- Group Medical Practices
- Private Healthcare Practices
- Home Healthcare Agencies
- Nursing Homes
- Retirement Communities
- Non-profit Organizations
- Pharmaceutical Companies
This page was last updated on Oct. 24, 2011.
Problem with this page? Contact the Web Content Manager