CUBA: Politics & Society in Transition (POLS 3398)
Be among the first Americans to set foot on this fascinating island since the embargo in 1959. Enroll now!
THIS TRIP IS SCHEDULED FOR FALL BREAK
October 9-18, 2015
*Final itinerary is subject to change*
Day 1: Overnight in Miami in group accommodations; meet with Cuban exiles
Day 2: Charter flight from Miami to Havana; first meeting with local hosts; tour neighborhood near MLK Center
Day 3-5: HAVANA
Day 6-7: PINAR DEl RIO (100 miles from Havana)
DAY 8: Recreation and sight seeing
Day 9: HAVANA
Day 10: Return home.
COURSE FEE IS $2800
- Charter flight from Miami to Havana
- 8 nights (9 days) in Cuba
- Meals, housing in Miami and in Cuba
- All local transportation
- Entrance fees and required activities
- Travel insurance
- Professional interpreter and guides
FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Tuition costs (see below)
- Travel to Miami
- Cost of travel documents or medical preparations (passport, vaccinations etc.)
NOTE ON TUITION
Traditional students: Tuition is separate, but included in regular, full-time fees for all traditional students.
ADP Students: Tuition is billed at the regular hourly rate, in addition to the course fee above.
Required for Enrollment
Submit the following to the Office of Study Abroad (F211)
- Personal and Emergency Contact Information Sheet
- $300 non-refundable deposit
- Proof of valid pasport (or proof of application filed)
- Waiver of Liability
Visit the Office of Study Abroad (F211) for enrollment forms and more information
Under development: Information about course academics will be posted here.
Photo credits:Taxi: Flickr User Bud Ellison - Creative Commons license"Alma de Cuba": Flickr user Beverly Goodwin - Creative Commons license"Havana Street": Flickr user Yiannis Chatzitheodorou- Creative Commons license"Tobacco Farmer": Flickr user Adam Lerner - Creative Commons license'Valle de Vinales": Flickr user Rafy Rodriguez - Creative Commons license**All photos modified, per license rights