Concordia University Texas is looking for seasoned consultative sales and marketing professional who will contribute to the mission of the University to develop Christian leaders by playing a key role in growing the Accelerated Degree and Graduate programs at the DFW center. This position is primarily responsible for meeting individual recruitment goals and objectives by generating leads and conducting vigorous follow up activity with prospective students to ensure they successfully complete the admissions and enrollment process. In addition, this position will contribute to the planning and development of varied activities designed to recruit new students, to promote the University and to inform other external constituents of the opportunities at Concordia University Texas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Lead Generation & Lifecycle
- Generates leads for the Adult Degree Program that meet and exceed established goals and objectives using consultative sales and educational recruitment techniques.
- Maintains positive and frequent communications via telephone, email or other means of correspondence with current and prospective students throughout the recruitment and admissions process. Answers questions about the program and responds to all inquiries within one business day.
- Conducts vigorous follow up activity with prospective students to ensure they successfully complete the admissions and enrollment process.
- Proactively involved in guiding applicants through University regulations and program requirements in an inclusive and encouraging manner.
Public Relations & Marketing
- Enthusiastically communicate the value of the program and attract students that fit the philosophy of the program to meet retention goals.
- Coordinate with other Admissions Counselors using collaborative decision making to conduct student orientation events that educate prospective students and other constituents about the University and the program. Enthusiastically and professionally represent the University to external organizations at education fairs and other events.
- Establish, maintain, and cultivate relationships with representatives of various organizations that may result in the recruitment of potential students.
- Maintain positive working relationships with public school systems, community colleges and businesses in the area to coordinate promotional events.
Counseling & Serving
- Through a consultative and customer focused attitude, closely assist and build mentoring relationships with students through the admissions process.
- Counsel prospective students and applicants on admissions requirements, and other pre-admissions academic advising, on what classes to take and in what order to take them in a supportive, empathetic manner using active listening skills.
- Perform general administrative duties with accuracy and detail including developing and maintaining organized filing systems, typing general correspondence, including memos and emails, answering and distributing phone calls, and processing travel and expense reports using established accounting guidelines.
- Prepare reports and presentations using effective writing and communication skills appropriate for the event and the audience.
- Using a sharp attention to detail and an ability to connect external information to University initiatives, track inquiries and link inquiry statistics to advertising trends.
- Establish positive working relationships with key influencers within the program and in the wider Concordia community.
- Send thoughtfully prepared admission information packets to prospective students via regular mail or email, track receipt and proactively follow up with prospective students.
- Support the University with special projects as assigned
- This position description is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted to be, an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While the aim is to accurately reflect the position responsibilities and requirements, the administration reserves the right to add, modify or remove the duties described, as well as assign duties as deemed necessary.
- Ability to communicate the mission, vision and values of Concordia University Texas and the philosophy of the programs to diverse audiences.
- Ability to focus on specific quantifiable goals and achieve goals on a consistent basis.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with a diverse customer base.
- Strong closing, time management and follow-up skills.
- Ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change, work effectively with ambiguity and to encourage creativity and new ways of doing things.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and communicates effectively with a large number of prospective students.
- Ability to foster supportive relationships built on trust, respect and open communications.
- Ability to share knowledge and work within Admissions and across functional areas to develop solutions for the common good of the University.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with internal and external constituents using an excellent command of presentation skills and present ideas and intentions clearly and openly.
- Willing and able to travel within Central Texas.
- Ability to start an action, including coming up with a proposal or solution without first being asked to do so.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and the willingness to learn new programs and database systems (Internet Native Banner and Intelliworks).
- Ability to navigate the Internet and to be comfortable with social media.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude that promotes a healthy working environment.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 1 year marketing and consultative/relationship sales experience required.
- Recruiting or admissions experience in adult higher education is preferred.
- Success in a metrics driven environment preferred.
- Experience with Intelliworks a plus.
Special Working Conditions
- This position involves heavy sales and networking responsibilities, and travels locally up to 60% of the time.
The selected final candidate will be required to pass a full background screening.
This page was last updated on Jul. 17, 2013.
Problem with this page? Contact the Web Content Manager