This position is primarily responsible for meeting individual recruitment goals and objectives by generating leads and conducting vigorous follow up activity with prospective non-traditional students to ensure they successfully complete the admissions and enrollment process. In addition, this position will contribute to the planning and development of varied activities designed to recruit new students, to promote the University and to inform other external constituents of the opportunities at Concordia University Texas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong closing, time management and follow-up skills
- Possess ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Work effectively with ambiguity and to encourage creativity and new ways of doing things
- Must have the ability to multi-task, stay organized and manage communication effectively with a large number of prospective students
- Will coordinate with other Admissions Counselors using collaborative decision making to conduct student orientation events that educate prospective students and other constituents about the University and the program
- Will professionally represent the University to external organizations at education fairs and other events
- Will work with prospective students and applicants on admissions requirements, and other pre-admissions academic advising, on what classes to take and in what order to take them in a supportive, empathetic manner.
- This position description is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted to be, an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While the aim is to accurately reflect the position responsibilities and requirements, the administration reserves the right to add, modify or remove the duties described, as well as assign duties as deemed necessary.
- Able to communicate the mission, vision and values of Concordia University Texas.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Word Excel and MS Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Banner a plus.
- Ability to interpret and abide by CTXs policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret complex written resources.
- Must demonstrate the generally accepted knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the jobs functions such as prioritizing projects, attention to detail, meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and communicating effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, along with a minimum of one year marketing and consultative/relationship sales experience
- Recruiting or admissions experience in adult higher education preferred
- Success in a metrics driven environment preferred
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Intelliworks a plus.
Special Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift files and boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop while filing.
The selected final candidate will be required to pass a full background screening.
This page was last updated on Nov. 05, 2013.
Problem with this page? Contact the Web Content Manager