Lamar Center M-Th 11:00 am – 8:30 pm, Main Campus F - 7:00 am – 11:00 am
The Support Specialist provides superior technical support for all electronic equipment managed by University Services (configuration, installation and repair), enabling end users to operate efficiently and effectively
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Configures, installs and repairs computers and peripheral equipment
- Maintains computer labs in cooperation with the Instructional Technology staff
- Ensures antivirus software is installed and properly updated on all university computers
- Maintains inventory of all electronic equipment managed by University Services
- Performs routine and on-demand maintenance on printers
- Supports the helpdesk operation, providing troubleshooting services as necessary and works with two or more student workers to help maintain efficient helpdesk operations
- Trains and assists end-users with software and hardware installations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Installing, configuring and repairing printers, scanners, and other office productivity peripherals.
- Experience managing PanoLogic boxes and VMware desktop virtualization is a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of common productivity software (Office 2007/2010), Windows desktop operating systems (XP/Windows 7), Windows Server operating system (2003/2008), and web browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Advanced working knowledge of computers (Windows/Apple) and computer hardware and peripherals
Required Education & Experience
This page was last updated on Nov. 07, 2013.
Problem with this page? Contact the Web Content Manager