Concordia University Texas Christian Leadership Institute
Institute Alumni Testimonials: https://vimeo.com/94659183
The objective of Concordia's Christian Leadership Institute is to develop and grow Christian leaders who will transform communities through professional, social and service opportunities while shining and sharing the love of Christ.
New Feature for Spring Semester 2015
A new feature of the Spring Semester 2015 Institute curriculum is the addition of a participatory project development experience: Institute participants will participate in a project sponsored by a local Austin area service or educational organization. The project will enable participants to experience a practical application of learned leadership skills.
A small number of junior or senior class students will have the opportunity to serve as project coordinators for the Institute. Each coordinator will receive specialized training and will work with a small group of Institute participants during the project component of the Institute. Priority for project coordinators will be given to students who have successfully completed the initial Institute semester (Spring 2014), but application for these positions will also be open to other juniors and seniors.
Five Institute sessions will be held, each two hours in length. In addition, students will be required to spend four hours on the project described above, for a total of 14 hours during the semester.
Tentative Schedule for Spring Semester 2015
- January 26 - 3:00-5:00 p.m. Leadership Session I: "The Leader as a Follower of Christ with a Christian Worldview"
- February 9 - 3:00-5:00 p.m. Leadership Session II: "Creating and Casting a Leader’s Vision" - Presentations by Executive Leaders of project component organizations
- February 23 - 3:00-5:00 p.m. Leadership Session III: "The Leader as Change Agent Who Understands and Transforms Culture"
- March 2 - 3:00-5:00 p.m. Leadership Session IV: "Leadership Skills for Resolving Conflict and Communicating Clearly and Persuasively"
- March 30 - 3:00-5:00 p.m. Leadership Session V: "Building High Capacity Teams and Holding them Accountable" - Project reports from student teams with focus on how the team worked
- Note: For the time period March 2-29 Institute student teams will interact for four hours with their respective project organizations.
Each session will be led by renowned, successful and highly respected leaders, male and female, from our university, community, world and church.
CTX students who will be classified as sophomores, juniors or seniors this coming spring and have a minimum of 3.0 GPA are eligible to participate in the Institute. Applicants must also possess demonstrated or potential leadership traits or characteristics.
Applicants who have successfully completed the initial Institute semester (Spring 2014) need simply to apply and are not required to provide additional written faculty or staff recommendation.
Cost to Attend the Institute
A fee of $150 per participant will be assessed to cover partial Institute costs for the semester. The first $100 of this fee will be waived for project coordinators.
Still have questions?