Where unprepared writers prepare, prepared writers advance, and advanced writers excel.
Located in F-213, in the Library near the Testing Center
Closed for the summer.
WHO WE ARE
Students can get help at various stages of writing, from brainstorming ideas to the finishing touches on the conclusion.
Writing Center Staff:
- Amanda Meyer, Adjunct Professor
- Jo McIntosh, Adjunct Professor
PURPOSE OF TUTORING SESSIONS
The focus of tutoring sessions is to help writers gain one or two skills that they can apply to future writing assignments, thereby permanently improving their writing. Simply helping writers to edit their work does not result in long-term learning.
Therefore, tutoring sessions are not intended to:
- take the place of in-class writing instruction or discussion of writing assignments
- correct, edit, or make papers error-free
- guarantee results or grades; writers are always responsible for their own work.