Position # 000277
The Staff Accountant, Accounts Receivable is primarily responsible for managing administrative processes for student accounts. Included are student billing and payment receipting, delinquent account control, and system maintenance and enhancement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Maintain and seek continual improvement and automation of Accounts Receivable systems.
- Compose and coordinate AR-related internal and external communications, including but not limited to billing and payment schedules, payment brochures and delinquent account notifications.
- Record cash receipts from mail and electronic sources and submit deposits to bank.
- Process bills/statements to students and other entities.
- Maintain Petty Cash.
- Authorize credit balance refunds on student accounts.
- Manage relations with employers, military and government agencies related to payments on student accounts.
- Manage relations with collections agency and track and report on account activity
- Assess the collectability of student accounts and prepare adjustments as necessary.
- Process and transmit IRS Form 1098-T.
- Provide backup to the Staff Accountant-General Ledger as needed.
- 2-3 years Accounting, MIS, or Accounts Receivable experience is required.
- Coursework in Business, Accounting or Management Information Systems may be substituted in lieu of the required accounting experience noted above.
- Experience writing SQL queries and maintaining databases is preferred.
- Experience with Banner SCT in a higher education environment, preferably with the Finance and Accounts Receivable modules, is highly desirable. Experience with accounting software is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the generally accepted knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the job functions, including but not limited to prioritizing projects and communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Concordia University Texas fully supplements the Employee-Only share of all healthcare packages for eligible employees which includes medical, dental and vision. In addition, we offer an attractive Disability & Survivor plan as well as several retirement packages for eligible employees. We are a private, co-educational institution with a focus on “Developing Christian Leaders” and are under the auspices of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, Texas 78726
Phone: 512.313.JOBS (5627)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org