Position # 000230
The part-time Administrative Assistant for the Dallas/Fort Worth Center oversees the center’s administrative services and plays a key role in coordination of administrative process, communication with other centers and the main campus departments. This position supports the Center Dean, M.Ed. Regional Coordinator, staff, students and faculty for all academic programs and teaching sites in the center’s geographic region.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports academic instruction by ensuring the quality and timeliness of facility operations, class scheduling, class materials, evaluations, testing, faculty agreements and class assignments.
- Provides high level service to students by supporting Admissions Counselors with advising about classes, major tracks and concentrations.
- Maintains a database of students and alumni form the evening programs.
- Oversees the administrative functions of the center ensuring high quality results of general administrative tasks, center communications, vent coordination and travel arrangements.
- Establishes and executes administrative methods and work flow to support dean, division chairs and faculty working in evening programs
- Effectively prepares reports from data as needed by the dean
- Coordinates new hire paperwork and preparation of faculty teaching assignments and administers electronic teaching assignment process for undergraduate and graduate faculty at the center
- Manages facility usage requests; maintains facility bulletin boards
- Troubleshoots technology in classrooms for evening programs. Works with the Helpdesk as needed.
- Presents University information at orientations and other events
- Plans, coordinates, and executes events for evening programs including communication among faculty, staff, students (Orientation, Launch, networking events, professional workshops, evening speaker series)
- Assist with management of professional workshops (RSVP, room reservations, check-in)
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to the Concordia University Texas vision and mission, and to the spiritual principles and values of the institution.
- Excellent detail orientation.
- Ability to analyze and define obstacles, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Ability to be intuitive, interpret client needs and deliver results.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Live, Excel, and MS Publisher.
- Working knowledge of Banner preferred.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret and abide by CTXs policies and procedures.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree or some college preferred
- Three years’ experience providing administrative support preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
Salary: $15,000 to $16,000 annually depending upon experience. This part-time position is a non-exempt position and does not include benefits.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission:
All employees of Concordia University Texas are supportive of the ministry of the institution, its mission to develop Christian leaders, and its spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. This position description is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted to be, an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While the aim is to accurately reflect the position responsibilities and requirements, the administration reserves the right to add, modify or remove the duties described, as well as assign duties as deemed necessary.
Concordia University Texas is a private, co-educational institution with a focus on “Developing Christian Leaders” and are under the auspices of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, Texas 78726
Phone: 512.313.JOBS (5627)
Questions? Email email@example.com