The Center for Vocation and Professional Development provides a pathway to meaningful work by connecting students, alumni, and employers in ways that facilitate personal and professional growth, and that create life-changing experiences in the exploration and discernment of vocation.
Our vision is to be recognized as a community resource and leader on Christian vocation that expands the meaning of purposeful life beyond career to the various life stations and inspires individuals to reach the full potential of their presence in the world.
Today, we do this by:
- Helping students explore careers related to their major, interests, values, and talents.
- Coaching students in the discernment and communication of their strengths, talents, and skills in a resume, virtual profile, or interview, or at a networking opportunity.
- Connecting students to jobs and internships both on and off campus.
- Providing resources for service and leadership opportunities.
- Matching students to professional mentors from our alumni and employer community.
- Creating a robust virtual space for employers to search and find qualified candidates for jobs and internships.
- Offering alumni, employers, and other community partners the opportunity to serve as mentors for students.
- Partnering with employers to identify qualified students and recent graduates to fill open job and internship positions.
firstname.lastname@example.org • library building F-208 • 512.313.5041