Skip to Navigation

M.Ed. Financial Aid FAQs

M.Ed. Financial Aid Pig and BankQ: Do I have to apply for financial aid each year?

Yes, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic school year.

Q: How many hours must I be enrolled to be eligible for financial aid?

A student must be registered in at least 3 hours (half-time) a semester to be eligible for financial aid.

Q: Will a schedule change (add/drop) affect my financial aid?

If a student adds or drops before census date, their financial aid award will be revised.

If a student adds or drops after census date, there are two possibilities:

  • If the student has completed all financial aid requirements and all financial aid funds have been disbursed to the student’s account, their award will not be adjusted.
  • If the student has not completed all financial aid requirements and all financial aid funds have not been disbursed to the student’s account, their award must be revised.

Q: When is tuition due?

Tuition is generally due 7 days before the first night of class. If the tuition due date falls on a holiday or school break, the tuition due date may be earlier.

Q: I filled out the FAFSA and received a Student Aid Report in my email. What do I do with it?

Please retain the Student Aid Report (SAR) for your records. It does not need to be sent to Concordia, as the Department of Education provides us with this information. Check your SAR to see if you have been flagged for Verification.  If so, contact your Student Support Coordinator to discuss the required documentation.  Also, review your SAR for errors – if any are found, correct them and send the FAFSA back to the Department of Education for reprocessing.

Q: Do I have to complete my taxes before filling out the FAFSA?

Your income tax return does not need to be sent to the IRS before completing your FAFSA, although we recommend doing so. You can also estimate your taxes if you plan to complete them later in the year. If estimations are used, they should be as close to your anticipated income as possible. You will be required to provide your actual tax information once it is available.

Q: I received company reimbursement or a scholarship from an organization outside of Concordia. How do I let Concordia know and who should the money be sent to?

You must list all outside sources of assistance that you will receive or anticipate receiving on your admissions application. If you are notified of a scholarship award or reimbursement after submitting your application, please contact Student Financial Services via email as soon as possible. The organization awarding your scholarship should send payment to the Concordia University Texas Accounting Office prior to August 1.

Last updated on Jul. 06, 2015. Contact the Web Content Owner of this page.
Our Mission is Developing Christian Leaders