Movi is a video conferencing software that is able to connect from computer to computer or the Video Conferencing Lab. It allows two-way video conferencing with sharing of screens for a presentation. It is similar to Skype but provides a higher level of security.
- Need a secure method of video conferencing
- Need to video conference from a different room into the Video Conferencing Lab
- Movi software must be installed.
- Login to Movi using a concordia.edu email address
Contact Instructional Technology at email@example.com to request an account and software installation
- Download the software from www.concordia.edu/sitefiles/w3/Univservices/InstructionalTech/Movi4.2.zip
- Open the .zip file
- Start installer
- For Mac, open DMG file (further instructions are currently unavailable)
- For Windows, open the Cisco Telepresence Movi.msi
- Run the file
- In the Cisco Telepresence Movi Installshield Wizard, click on Next
- Accept the Terms and Conditions, then click Next
- Click on the Next for destination folder window
- Click on Install on Ready to Install the Program Window
- Click on Finish and launch the program
4. Launch the Movi program
5. Click on Advanced
- Internal VCS is movi.concordia.edu
- External VCS is movi.concordia.edu
- SIP Domain is concordia.edu
6. Username to Login will be provided via email
After logging in:
- Click on the Tools icon (it looks lie a crossed screwdriver and wrench)
- Uncheck box next to "Start Movi at Windows logon"
- Click on Video
- Set to Low. If you would like to test on Medium, give Instructional Technology a call from whatever location you will be that day. High setting should only be used from a large business.
- Click OK
Once you are logged in, you can contact the Helpdesk at (512) 313-4357 during regular business hours to test.
In the email, you will be provided the login and information about what to dial for the meeting.
Skype is a home video conferencing software that is able to connect computer to computer. It allows two-way video conferencing with sharing of screens for a presentation. It is similar to Movi and provides a commonly used software to connect with outside users.
- Need a way to bring a guest speaker into the classroom
- Go to www.skype.com to create an account.
- Install the Skype software OR request assistance from the Helpdesk at (512) 313-4357 for software install
Recommendation: create a professional account for use as an instructor.
If you want your class to be able to speak with the other person on the Skype conference, request the ClearOne Speaker/Mic connection that can be plugged into your laptop. It allows pick-ups for the entire classroom if you are located in a small or medium-sized classroom.
Contact Instructional Technology at (512) 313-4007 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Video Tools