Viewing streaming videos and Tegrity require that you have the proper plug-ins installed. Some streaming videos require an Adobe Flash install.
- If you own Windows, make sure you have the current Windows Media Player.
- If you use Internet Explorer, you will need to answer the security question properly to ALLOW unsecured data.
- If you use Firefox or Chrome as your browser you need to have the correct plug-in.
- Go to this link: http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download
- Click on “Download Now”, a window will pop up asking if you to save the file. Click save file and follow the instructions therein.
- If you own a Mac, you will have to first get what is called a “plug-in” which is essentially a piece of software that allows you to run other bits of software.
- Go to this link: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/plugins.html
- Click on “Get the plug-in” under the Windows Media Player section, a window will pop up asking if you to save the file. Click save file and follow the instructions therein.
Please contact the Helpdesk at 512-313-HELP (4357) if you have further questions.
How do I post videos to a course?
Please place a work order and deliver the video to the Helpdesk at least one week in advance in order for the video to be posted to the course.
Videos should be owned by the professor or Concordia University Texas.
For appropriate ADA compliance procedures, please provide a DVD with appropriate closed captioning, subtitles, or a transcript.
Instructional Technology will be assigned the request to convert the video to an appropriate video format for display within the password protected area of Blackboard for you. You will be contacted by Instructional Technology regarding the course, how the video will be used, and aspects of ADA compliance. Videos will be made available within your Blackboard course ONLY for students' viewing.
- Sign into Blackboard and select the class you want to add the video to.
- Click the Course Content tab.
- Scroll over Build Content.
- Select YouTube Video in the far left column called Mashups.
- Search for a subject that you need a video for.
- Preview the videos until you find the one you want.
- Click Select when you find a video to post
- Provide a name, description, or select other options for posting your video.
- Click Submit.