Position #: 92
The College of Business and Communications, Concordia University Texas invites applications for Assistant Professor of Business. He or she will teach multiple sections graduate and undergraduate level in business management and teach in one or more specialized fields that include accounting and/or finance. The position will begin in January 2018 (spring semester).
- Teach 24 credit hours in an academic year (four courses every fall and spring semester) in a variety of delivery methods (i.e., ground, online, blended).
- Complete a 30-hour expectation with the remaining 6 hours consisting of advising, committee work, course development and other duties. Additional expectations include being part of the Concordia community.
- Establish best practices, technology adoptions, and textbook selections for area of discipline.
- Communicate regularly with all adjunct instructors in the related areas.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and a willingness to incorporate new technologies into the classroom.
- Maintain effective academic advising and regular office hours.
- Attend (on occasion) students’ extra-curricular events such as concerts, athletic events, art shows, drama, etc.
- Serve on university committees and attend Division, College, and Faculty meetings.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in business or doctorate in a related field. ABD is acceptable if completed by December 2018.
- Experience and working knowledge with Excel and other quantitative tools.
- Proficiency using Blackboard or similar learning platforms.
- Strong commitment to undergraduate education within the community of a Lutheran Christian university.
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
Closing Date: December 08, 2017
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is identified. The position will start in January 2018.
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.