The College of Science, Concordia University Texas, invites applications for a full time teaching position as Assistant Professor of Computer Science. A person with a wide variety of expertise in Computer Science is desirable. The ability to teach a wide range of Computer Science courses at the undergraduate level (from basic programming to software engineering) is required. Applicants must have a strong commitment to undergraduate education within the context of a Christian, Liberal Arts University. In addition to teaching, the faculty member would assist with academic advising, provide support for the Computer Science laboratory setup and maintenance, and work with students on projects outside the classroom.
This position is a regular full-time instructional faculty position that will be hired into an Initial Level term contract that is eligible for consideration for our modified tenure level appointment and will be made at the Assistant Professor rank, and is eligible for advancement in rank. This appointment prefers a completed terminal degree, but ABD and Masters Degree with experience will be considered.
- This instructional faculty position has an expected annual teaching load of 24 load hours in Computer Science and Computer Information Systems, which must span at least two academic terms. Courses to be assigned will be made in conjunction with the director of the Computer Science Major and Division Chair.
- The successful candidate will communicate regularly with other instructors; develop new and revise Computer Science courses and course documents as needed; advise and support Computer Science majors, serve on university committees; attend Division, College, and Faculty meetings; and participate in commencement ceremonies and other official events of the institution.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related discipline (Software Engineering) preferred, although individuals with a Masters Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with experience will be considered
- Successful teaching is expected; college-level experience will be given preference
- Shows a strong interest in Concordia's commitment to Develop Christian Leaders.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to the liberal arts education in the Christian tradition; membership in a Lutheran Church is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.