Position #: 122
This position is part time/27 hours a week.
The Executive Assistant for the President’s Office works as a team member to provide senior-level professional assistance and office support to the University President/ CEO. This position oversees and maintains office operations and acts as a liaison and point of contact for the President’s Office. This position requires independent management of work responsibilities and prioritization and requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Administrative Support: Perform administrative duties including developing and maintaining a filing system; process invoice payment requests, reimbursements, expense report, work orders and room usage; answer and screen phone calls, take messages and order office supplies; prepare general correspondence including memos, letters and e-mails; manage calendar(s); schedule and organize meetings; coordinate arrangements for travel and special departmental activities or events; facilitate efficient office workflow to enhance productivity;
- Office Ambassador: Promote a positive image of the University by greeting and receiving visitors to the President’s office; meet visitors in the Welcome Center and escort on campus as needed; represent the President/ CEO in community and on campus; work to build relationship with all departments; serve as a liaison between the President/ CEO and other University administrators, public and private officials, various boards, faculty, staff and students;
- Meeting Leadership: Accompany President/ CEO to assigned meetings to assist and support; coordinate the planning of meetings, room booking, IT support and set-up, send out calendar invites, track meeting attendance; conduct required research prior to meetings, prepare agendas, take detailed minutes and distribute agenda/ minutes to appropriate team members;
- Special Projects: Develop templates, flow charts, and presentations; coordinate assigned projects, organize project details, collect and decipher appropriate data; monitor progress towards completion and take partners to resolve issues; ensure all details of the project are covered to provide a successful outcome; identifies and recommends improvements for administrative procedures and/or makes evaluative judgments in implementing changes as appropriate to administrative procedures;
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience providing administrative support, preferably with previous work experience in higher education
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Competency in editing/ proofreading documents, web editing and Banner preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) church body preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and desire to interact with the public
- Ability to handle administrative issues, analyze and problem solve in an efficient manner
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to set and communicate priorities, manage work-flow and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere, develop and foster relationships and interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Ability to think and react positively and proactively under ambiguous circumstances
- Highly effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information with a high level of integrity
- Ability to articulate and model Concordia University Texas (CTX) mission, vision and values
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Must be able to occasionally lift boxes up to 30 lbs.
- May have extended hours during peak times.
COMMITMENT TO THE CONCORDIA MISSION
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer under the auspices of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of “Developing Christian Leaders” and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.