"Before you tell your life what you intend to do with it, listen for what it intends to do with you. Parker J. Palmer, Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation.
Find Yourself Here...
By class or population
- Explore career options for my major
- Assess my interests and talents
- Find an internship
- Find a job on campus
- Write a resume or cover letter
- Find a mentor
Congratulations on starting at Concordia! As a new student you should:
- Creat your job/career profile account on ConcordiaTX.joinhandshake.com
- Explore free assessment tools at Majors and Careers
- Get connected with Service and Leadershipas a way to build your resume.
- Complete the freshman and sophomore Career Pathways4-year Plan checklist.
- Add first year accomplishments to your e-portfolio at ConcordiaTX.joinhandshake.com.
- Take 2-3 assessments at Majors and Careers.
- Make an appointment with a career coach at ConcordiaTX.joinhandshake.com.
- Get connected with Service Leadership.
- Explore What can I do with this major
- Complete the junior and senior portions of the Career Pathways 4-year Plan checklist.
- Add junior and senior accomplishments to your profile on ConcordiaTX.joinhandshake.com.
- Take assessments at Majors and Careers.
- Find a mentor.
- Meet with a career coach about job placement or graduate school at ConcordiaTX.joinhandshake.com.
- Add Service and Leadershipexperiences to your resume and e-profile.
- Apply for an Internship Adventure.
- Attend the Career Fair in February.
- Attend Etiquette Evening in November.
- Create a LinkedIn profile.
- Practice interviewing skills.
As a veteran of the military you are part of a unique population of students that already have work experience. You will need to translate your military experience into the civilian job market by identifying transferrable skills and learning to present them to potential employers. Schedule an appointment with a career advisor at ConcordiaTX.joinhandshake.com.
- Texas Workforce Commission - Veterans
- Feds Hire Vets
- Army Civilian Services
- Department of Labor-Vets
- National Resource Directory
- Career Info Net Resumes
firstname.lastname@example.org library building F-208 512.313.5041