Concordia University Texas and the College of Business & Communication are pleased to announce that applications are now being taken for the Schjerven Business Leadership Scholarship. This scholarship, funded through a gift by Bob and Anita Schjerven, will provide two $10,000 scholarships for the 2020-21 academic year to business students in the College of Business & Communication.
For the 2020-21 academic year, junior or senior applicants (traditional and nontraditional) who apply for the Schjerven Scholarship and meet all of the criteria will also be considered for one additional scholarship. The runner-up of the Schjerven scholarship will instead receive the Norman W. Holmes Endowment Scholarship.
The outstanding Concordia students who are selected to receive this award should meet all qualifications in the following areas:
- The recipients of this scholarship will be full-time students at Concordia.
- Students receiving these funds will be in good academic and disciplinary standing and should have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Preference will be given to a student with a documented financial need above $10,000 per year as determined through Concordia's Financial Aid guidelines.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a student classified as a junior or senior (traditional and nontraditional) according to the number of credit hours achieved as set by the Registrar's office (traditional students - 12 hours, nontraditional - 9 hours).
- One scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student enrolled in the Concordia MBA full time (6 hours). Graduate students must have completed two semesters within the MBA program.
- The students will be pursuing business degrees in the College of Business & Communication
- Demonstrate mastery of business subjects and, by their seriousness of purpose and enthusiasm for the business curriculum, strongly indicate potential for substantial success in that endeavor;
- Exhibit successful entrepreneurial traits through personal accomplishment and industriousness;
- Grow in interpersonal skills and clearly embrace the heart for servant leadership,
serving the common good within their various communities; and
- Be clearly committed to Christian principles and put Jesus Christ first in their lives.
Required Supporting Documentation:
- Resume of related work and activities
- List of 3 references
- Letter of reference
- Essay describing your need and vocational calling (3-4 pages)
Scholarship applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Please send your scholarship application and all required supporting documentation to:
College of Business & Communication
Attn: Linda Bullock, Academic Administrative Assistant
Concordia University Texas
11400 Concordia University Dr. Austin, TX 78726