Concordia University Texas and its College of Business and Communication are pleased to announce that applications are now being taken for the Schjerven Business Leadership Scholarship. This scholarship, funded through a gift by Bob and Anita Schjerven, will provide two $10,000 scholarships for the 2017 - 2018 academic year to business students in the College of Business and Communication.
The outstanding Concordia students who are selected to receive this award should meet all qualifications in the following areas:
- The recipients of this scholarship will be full-time students at Concordia.
- Students receiving these funds will be in good academic and disciplinary standing, and should have a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Preference will be given to a student with a documented financial need above $10,000 per year as determined through Concordia's Financial Aid guidelines.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a student classified as a junior or senior (Traditional and Nontraditional) according to the number of credit hours achieved as set by the Registrars office (Traditional students - 12 hours, Nontraditional - 9 hours).
- One scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student enrolled in the Concordia MBA for 6 hours.
- The students shall be pursuing business degrees in the College of Business and Communication
- Demonstrate mastery of business subjects and by their seriousness of purpose and enthusiasm for the business curriculum, strongly indicate potential for substantial success in that endeavor
- Exhibit successful entrepreneurial traits through personal accomplishment and industriousness
- Grow in interpersonal skills and clearly embrace the heart for servant leadership, serving the common good within their various communities
- Be clearly committed to Christian principles and put Jesus Christ first in their lives
Required Supporting Documentation:
- Resume of related work and activities
- List of 3 references
- Letter of reference
- A 3-4 page essay describing your need and vocational calling.
Scholarship applications will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday, October 13, 2017.
Students must apply by submitting their scholarship application and all required supporting documentation to the:
College of Business and Communication
Attn: Susannah Anderson, Executive Administrative Assistant
Concordia University Texas
11400 Concordia University Drive Austin, TX 78726