A Computer Science major will prepare you for a variety of careers in computer programming and software design. These careers are some of the fastest-growing and best-paying in the U.S. The CS major also prepares students for graduate-level study.
You can participate in a semester-long internship with a local company, gaining hands-on work experience for college credit. Most internships in this industry are paid, and many opportunities exist in Austin. Several students have turned their internships into full-time positions upon graduation.
As a student here, you'll discover:
- Faculty who combine impressive academic qualifications with extensive professional experience.
- Small, conveniently scheduled classes and a curriculum flexible enough to meet your individual needs.
- A state-of-the-art Computer Science lab and server dedicated to CS students and projects.
- An active Computer Science club (local ACM chapter) where you can meet other students and work on interesting projects.
In the classroom, we offer:
- Hands-on programming exercises
- In-class and out-of-class experiences
- Brad Cain
- Dr. Meiru Che
- Jerald Harris
- Glen Mullen
- Robert Oshana
- Dr. Maury Rhynard
- Rev. Dr. Philip Schielke, chair