We're excited you've chosen The Concordia MBA as the place to take your career to the next level.
The links below will give you all the information you need to begin your application. If you have questions along the way, please contact an MBA admissions counselor.
Candidates for the MBA should submit a complete application package by the final deadline. Candidates who complete the application package will receive an admissions decision within two weeks of the deadline date.
Application Deadline for Fall 2018:
- August 1, 2018
- International Applicants: June 1, 2018
Fall 2018 Program Start:
- August 27, 2018
Concordia selects students who present the most competitive applications and who we consider most likely to be successful, contributing members of the Concordia community and to graduate. To reach admission decisions, Concordia evaluates all candidates in a comprehensive way using this criteria. We encourage applicants with diverse undergraduate degrees and work experience. You will receive notification of your admission within 10 business days once Concordia has received all required application documents.
- A minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from the undergraduate degree granting institution or, a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from the masters degree granting institution if the applicant has an earned masters degree. (Applicants with graduate level coursework must submit graduate transcripts showing all graduate level coursework attempted). Applicants to the MBA program who have lower than a 2.75 GPA are also required to submit a personal essay along with the other application materials.
- A one to two page summary of your professional work experience using the MBA Professional Work Experience Guidelines (PDF) (see an example (PDF)). A professional looking resume should include positions held in reverse chronological date order with the latest or current position held listed first. Professional work experience refers to 3-5 years of experience working for organizations within a chosen profession (s) based on qualifications. Candidates with less than 3-5 years of professional work experience must show significant leadership roles in college, internships, or community volunteerism in both the professional work history and the essay.
- When deemed necessary, additional information including an interview may be required.
*Applicants must have the transcript sent to Concordia directly from the institution of record on or before orientation. A student-delivered transcript will not be accepted as an official transcript, unless it is received in the original sealed envelope and appropriately stamped by the institution of record as "Issued to student in a sealed envelope."
Prerequisite knowledge includes an understanding and basic skills in the areas of accounting, finance, economics, marketing, management, and business law. If you do not have a strong undergraduate background in business, please don't let that stop you from applying. Candidates who are non-business undergraduate majors, or choose to apply to the program with a GPA below the minimum 2.75, are required to submit assessment scores in Math and Statistics as part of the application package.
The Concordia MBA Admitting Committee strives to help incoming MBA students achieve success in a rigorous graduate program. Because background knowledge in quantitative courses is critical to this success, the committee makes requirements and/or recommendations regarding prerequisite (sometimes called “leveling”) courses that expose students to key concepts and terminology even before they begin an MBA class. The prerequisite courses are online, self-paced, and do not count toward degree hours.
All non-business undergraduate students are required to successfully complete the Math / Statistics prerequisite course, unless an official undergraduate transcript has been provided to the admissions office showing that a statistics class has already been completed with a letter grade of B or higher, and with approval of the MBA program director. Other prerequisite courses (Accounting, Finance and Economics) may also be required if no undergraduate coursework in these areas has been done previously, or have been done more than 10 years ago. Students should submit their completion certificate and report their score(s) of 75% or higher to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contingently accepted students who are required to complete prerequisite courses prior to full admittance should purchase and complete the online self-paced courses and submit their completion certificate(s) with final assessment scores to be fully admitted to the program. Incomplete prerequisite courses or scores below 75% can result in program dismissal. Students have two attempts to complete each course(s).
- Each course provides about 4‐6 hours of instructional content and may require 15 to 20 hours from the course start to final assessment.
- Each course starts with a twenty‐question pre‐test which must be completed prior to starting the instructional material.
- The instructional content will contain multiple sections.
- All sections will conclude with a set of interactive questions as a review of the content covered within the sections.
- Courses then conclude with a twenty‐question post‐ The post‐test does offer a retake option, however only the most recent score is recorded.
- The cost for each course is $35.
To Order Prerequisite Course Modules:
- Student Registration Link: https://micro.peregrineacademics.com/concordia
- Student Registration Password: CTX-1001
- During this process you will be asked for a student ID. Your Concordia student ID also known as a Banner number (B00XXXXXX) was included in the email that the IT department sent to access your Concordia email account.
- Purchase the course(s) required by the graduate admissions committee for your full admittance to the program. They will be listed as the follows.
- Foundations of Quantitative Research Techniques and Statistics
- Foundations of Business Finance
- Foundations of Microeconomics
- Foundations of Accounting
- Complete the course and corresponding final assessment.
- Upon completion of the post‐test, you will be provided with an exam summary. The exam summary will provide your total score, as well as the subject scores. You will also have an opportunity to download your completion certificate. If your score is below 75% you have the option to retake* the post-test.
- Download and submit your completion certificate(s) as an email attachment to email@example.com
*Please note that there is a One Retake Option. If you decide to utilize the Retake option, your original score will not be retrievable. Make sure to print out a completion certificate after each post-test.
Other helpful resources
Students who are conditionally admitted to the program because of a non-business undergraduate major or a GPA below the minimum 2.75 will be required to complete a prerequisite module in Math and Statistics and a post-assessment with a passing score of 70% or higher, within six weeks from the start of class.
Transfer credits are not accepted for the MBA program. This is a cohort-based interdisciplinary program so it is essential that all students participate in every course.
- Complete and submit the online application, along with the $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your baccalaureate or master's degree. Our Admission Policy requires that you have the official transcript from your degree granting institution sent directly to the University (see official address below). An official transcript is a transcript that is received in a sealed envelope stamped by the institution of record as Official. International students or graduate students with an undergraduate degree from a foreign institution seeking admission into Concordia University Texas must demonstrate English Proficiency (See below).
There are three ways to get your transcripts to Concordia:
A student delivered transcript will only be accepted as an official transcript if it is received in the original sealed envelope and stamped by the institution of records as Issued to the Student in a Sealed Envelope.
Concordia also accepts transcripts electronically:
Mail documents to Austin Main campus (see address below).
- Submit your professional work experience summary. It is highly recommended that candidates for the MBA program submit a professional admissions package following the guidelines given below. Review the MBA Graduate Admissions Committee Evaluation Rubric (PDF) for the criteria on which your MBA application package will be evaluated.
- If you are interested in applying for Financial Aid, complete the online federal application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Concordia University Texas school code is: 003557.
- Additional materials are required if you:
a. have an undergraduate degree from a University outside the US ,
b. are applying for reduced tuition for full time employees of 501(c)3 organizations (PDF)
c. are completing your undergraduate degree the same semester you are applying to the MBA (PDF).
- MBA Essay Guidelines (PDF)
- MBA Professional Work Experience Guide (PDF)
- MBA Professional Work Experience Example (PDF)
- MBA Graduate Admissions Committee Evaluation Rubric (PDF) (For Essay and Professional Work Experience)
Where to Send
Please send ALL Admissions Documents to:
Austin Online Applicants
|Office of Admissions Processing
Concordia University Texas
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, TX 78726
Check out our list of frequently asked questions about the Concordia MBA.