2020 ALCF Conference — Call for Papers
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2020
Submission Form: ALCF Paper Submission
Now accepting proposals for the 84th Annual Meeting of the Association of Lutheran College Faculties (ALCF). You are welcome to submit a paper covering anything relating to this year's conference theme, “Using the Past to Inform Our Future.”
We invite papers from all disciplines and from all perspectives. Each of our disciplines is the product of a long history whose lessons should not be forgotten.
Some examples include (but are not limited to):
- The role of the civil rights movement in shaping the discourse over race relations
- How historical attitudes and theology of the nature affects environmental policy
- How the use and misuse of science have both allowed societies to flourish and caused deep wounds
- How historical imbalances between particular groups of people (including religion, race, color, age and gender) affect societal structure
- How art has affected philosophical movements and vice-versa
- How language can both unite and divide a people
- How the accessibility of education can create social differences and maintain class distinctions
To submit a proposal, please complete the ALCF Paper Submission Form.
If accepted, you should prepare a paper of about five double-spaced pages. These will be linked in the Proceedings of the Conference. Oral presentations at the conference will be about 12-15 minutes each and be organized into several concurrent sessions. Roundtable discussions and workshops may be between 30-45 minutes.
Proposals are due by September 1, 2020.