[Written by Joe Fisher, Director of Sports Information]
Connected by their commitment to representing Tornado Nation, Concordia University Texas' student-athletes excelled in the 2020-21 academic year amid the pandemic, delayed seasons, and canceled games.
Tornados Take Two Championships
The men's tennis team achieved the most successful season in the program's history, winning the program's first American Southwest Conference (ASC) Tournament Championship title.
Advancing for the first time to the NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Championships, the Tornados reached the second round of the tournament.
The Concordia Esports team, the University's competitive gaming team, secured victory as the co-champion of the 2021 Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Title.
Concluding the team's first year as an affiliate member of the SCAC and second year as a program, Concordia Esports defeated Hendrix College in the championship match, tying with Colorado College for first place.
Excelling On and Off the Field
The Tornados also achieved success in the classroom.
Concordia Texas Athletics inducted 28 new student-athletes into Chi Alpha Sigma, an honor society that recognizes junior and senior student-athletes who succeed academically and athletically.
CTX Athletics Highlights
- The baseball team reached their 10th-straight ASC Tournament, ending the season in the blue bracket finals.
- Men's basketball finished fourth in the ASC West Division, qualifying for their ninth-straight ASC Tournament.
- The women's basketball team ended their run in season play.
- Cross country closed out the season at the ASC Conference Championships.
- Men's golf took fifth place at the ASC Championships, shooting a three-round score of 900.
- In the final round of the ASC Championships, the women's golf team secured fifth on the team leaderboard.
- Qualifying for their sixth-straight conference tournament, men's soccer advanced to the title game for the second consecutive season, falling to the University of the Ozarks at the ASC Tournament Championship.
- The women's soccer season ended with a heartbreaking 2-1 loss to Howard Payne University in their season finale.
- Qualifying for their first conference tournament since 2018, women's softball ended their season on the first day of the ASC Tournament.
- The women's tennis team reached the ASC Tournament quarterfinals.
- Track & field completed the ASC Championships with five individual titles, seven All-ASC selections, and seven school records set between the men's and women's teams. Bayli Luke ('21) was the first-ever women's track and field athlete to run in the NCAA DIII Outdoor Track and Field Championships, and she placed 10th overall.
- The volleyball team reached the ASC Tournament semifinals, falling to the University of Texas at Dallas.
Check the latest scores, view schedules, and learn more about Concordia University Texas Athletics.
Discover how Concordia's professors use online learning tools to deliver an even better learning experience for all students.
Networking in college might seem premature, but it's wise to start early. Find out how you can begin building professional relationships while in school.
Meet Victor Davila, the new director of Sponsored Programs at Concordia University Texas.