On Monday, Jan. 29, the Texas Tribune will present a series focusing on the major policy debates of the 85th Texas Legislature — and what they mean for one of the state’s largest cities and its surrounding communities. The first installment will take place here at Concordia’s Blackbox Theater from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Here are five reasons you should watch this informational presentation!
- Get smart about your own backyard. Learn about the pressing issues affecting your community. Conversations about public education, immigration, health care, spending and taxes will be covered during the event.
- Know your Austin-area state reps! The average Joe has no idea who is representing them. Don’t be average. Austin-area state Reps. Gina Hinojosa, Donna Howard and Eddie Rodriguez will be leading the conversations. Plus, knowing who's who will make you a more educated voter.
- Earn those brag rights. Impress your professors, your family, your friends, your classmates and your coworkers with your newly acquired knowledge.
- It’s free. Register here and get a complimentary breakfast at the event.
- It's also online. Not into free food or big crowds? You can opt to watch it live online here.