It’s finally November, y’all!! You know what that means? We are just a little under two months from the end of the semester.
For some of us, this is a super exciting time. Thanksgiving and Christmas break are right around the corner! For the other half of us, November means crunch time!! It’s super easy to get overwhelmed during this time of year. I have a few tips to keep you calm, cool and collected.
Grades Do Not Define You
With final grades creeping up, it's important to remember that your grades do not define you.
You are a rockstar no matter what grade you get. Remember that you are a student, an employee, a citizen and many many other things, (not including any other on or off-campus hats you wear).
When you keep this in mind, you can look at your accomplishments (and failures) with a clearer view.
Reach Out to a Tutor
It is never too late to reach out to a tutor if you are not satisfied with your grades. Tutors are more than happy to assist you in any way that you need. You can connect with free on campus tutors on our website and in the success center in the back of the library.
Talk to People
If you find that your stress levels are higher because of things outside of your academic expectations, reach out!
Contact our Campus Pastor, Steve Fick, at 512-695-2087, or our counselor, Annie Ferrera. You can also reach out to trust professors, faculty and other staff members if you want someone to talk to. People are always willing to make time for you if you just ask!
Stay on Track
This is usually the time when assignment due dates come up quickly! Be sure to make sure you're checking your syllabus and communicating with your classmates. The next two months go by very quickly! Keep yourself on a good pace and on track. You’ve got this!
Here are a couple reminders to help you out:
- Registration is coming up!
- The Refuge is always a safe place to check out (Thursday nights in the Chapel).
- There are a bunch of lifegroups on and off campus that you can attend if you need a little extra attention.
- Faculty and staff care about you.
- Make sure you’re eating and sleeping.
- Did you turn in this week's assignments?
- Remember that there are a lot of really awesome people around you willing to help out if you need it! Simply reach out and we’ll do whatever we can to help!