- What is Adobe Connect?
- Why should I use Adobe Connect?
- How do I get started?
- What equipment do I or my students need?
What is Adobe Connect?
Adobe Connect is a webinar software available to Concordia University Texas instructors. It allows for a presentation and discussion online. It is also available for training purposes on campus. It is best used to conduct long-distance classes or meetings with multiple participants.
Why should I use Adobe Connect?
- Making up a class session canceled due to weather or absence.
- Recording presentations online.
- Having live presentations from different locations.
How do I get started?
Adobe Connect requires an Internet connection and Adobe Flash player to be installed on all computers. Request an Adobe Connect room for your course, training session, or meeting by making a helpdesk request. Instructional Technology will contact you about training before use.
Adobe Connect Host (instructor) starting guide: Adobe Host Quick Start.pdf
Adobe Connect Student starting guide: Adobe Student Quick Start.pdf
Concordia University Texas's Adobe Connect server can be found at: http://connect.concordia.edu
What equipment do I or my students need?
- A pair of headphones and microphone are suggested for all participants who will need to speak.
- A webcam is suggested for presenters.
Return to Video Tools