Concordia University Texas is currently searching for an Adjunct (part-time) Instructor in Business Law at our main campus located at 11400 Concordia University Drive in Northwest Austin.
Educational and Professional Requirements
Earned graduate degree in one of the following areas from a regionally accredited institution by May 2020:
- Dual Master of Business Administration/Juris Doctorate/LLM or
- Juris Doctorate with Specializations in Business Law or Taxation or
- Juris Doctorate with Certificate in Business Law, Intellectual Property, Federal Tax Law, or Energy, Innovation, and Sustainability or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university outside the area being taught with 18 graduate semester credits in the area of Business Law
- Professional experience in law, business, or related field
- Prior teaching experience in higher education in a College of Business setting
- Experience with distance education, hybrid, and online classes preferred
- Familiarity with non-traditional commuter university setting preferred
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations preferred
- Computer literacy (Microsoft, Blackboard, Skype) and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong commitment to teaching in a collaborative, participatory learning community in a Christian university settingThe successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in Business Law. Preference will be given to applicants who have evidence of effective teaching of Business Law courses at the university level. Additionally, preference will be given to applicants with experience with working with non-traditional populations. This position requires in person teaching at our campus.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university rooted in the Lutheran tradition and affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.