Concordia University Texas is currently searching for an Adjunct Computer Science Instructor to assist with course development for a new Data Science concentration within the BS Computer Science program with the opportunity to teach the courses in an online or on-ground modality.
The course development and teaching opportunities include 2 new courses. Students pursuing the concentration will have completed introductory courses in Python.
- Data Visualization - A course in techniques and technologies to effectively present and communicate large data sets.
- Advanced Python for Data Mining - A course utilizing Python to practice data mining concepts and techniques.
Minimum Educational and Professional Requirements:
- 18 graduate hours required in computer science
- Master’s degree or higher
- Teaching or professional experience with Data Visualization or Data Mining using Python
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.