Concordia University Texas is currently searching for an Adjunct (part-time) Instructor in Economics at our main campus located at 11400 Concordia University Drive in Northwest Austin.
Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Master's Degree in Economics or related field from a regionally accepted institution, including at least 18 graduate semester hours in Economics/Business or related classes, which supports teaching of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics is required.
- Experience teaching Economics classes in higher education.
- Earned Doctorate (Ph.D./DBA/DM) in business or business-related field from a regionally accredited university is preferred.
- Professional experience in corporate and medium-sized businesses, including start-ups, is highly desirable.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft, Blackboard, Skype) and a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong commitment to teaching in a collaborative, participatory learning community in a Christian university setting.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university rooted in the Lutheran tradition and affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.