Concordia University Texas is currently searching for an Adjunct (part-time) Instructor in Economics at our main campus located at 11400 Concordia University Drive in Northwest Austin.
Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Master's Degree in Economics or related field from a regionally accepted institution, including at least 18 graduate semester hours in Economics/Business or related classes, which supports teaching of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics is required.
- Experience teaching Economics classes in higher education.
- Earned Doctorate (Ph.D./DBA/DM) in business or business-related field from a regionally-accredited university is preferred.
- Professional experience in corporate and medium-sized businesses, including start-ups, is highly desirable.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft, Blackboard, Skype) and a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong commitment to teaching in a collaborative, participatory learning community in a Christian university setting.
COMMITMENT TO THE CONCORDIA MISSION
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer under the auspices of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of “Developing Christian Leaders” and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.