Concordia University Texas is currently looking for highly energetic, Nursing Clinical Instructors. As a Nursing Clinical Instructor and faculty member, the primary responsibility is the clinical education of the students in Austin, Texas. Clinical Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical area in Austin, Texas and are expected to contribute to the education of the students including psychomotor skills, standards of practice, and critical thinking. Adjunct faculty are accountable to the Director of Accelerated BSN track as well at the Director of Nursing Academic Services. This description is a statement of minimum expectations and describes a level of performance expected of all faculty appointed with renewable contracts to the extended campus.
- Facilitate effective student learning in the assigned clinical setting.
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical setting related to professionalism, practice, and research.
- Selects and organizes learning activities which facilitate the student’s attainment of the course objectives.
- Ensure effective evaluations of student practice.
- Promote evidence-based practice.
- Provide a supportive learning environment.
- Provide feedback on student progress to supervisory personnel.
- Collaborate with other faculty and administration as requested.
- Collaborate effectively with the healthcare partner and its staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of the nursing curriculum, policies, and requirements.
- Maintain clinical competence and knowledge in area of expertise.
- Attend all required orientation, training and faculty meetings.
- Performs other assignments as designated by the Director of the Accelerated BSN Program.
- Clinical Competence: Able to function with professional accountability in clinical settings.
- Teaching Competence: Able to create a climate conducive to positive student learning.
- Technology Competence: Able to use computer technology (Word, Power Point, E-mail, Internet) at a minimum
- Recognize the importance of distance education and be willing to facilitate distance education.
- Provide a high level of professional nursing care to patients and clients.
- Function as a role model for professional nursing and communicate this role to students.
- Accept shared responsibility for the planning and implementation of assigned courses, program planning activities, and other needs of the academic programs.
- Provide a supportive learning environment for students.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, staff, students, agency personnel, and others as necessary in providing public service.
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional learning.
- Practice: minimum of two years of successful clinical nursing practice.
- Teaching experience: none required; prefer a minimum two years of teaching experience.
Education and Certifications
- Master's degree in nursing
- Additional ongoing certifications and training desired
- Current unencumbered RN license in Texas or other compact state
- Able to work 12 hour shifts in a clinical setting if required
- Reliable transportation
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.