The College of Nursing at Concordia University Texas invites applications to fill a regular full time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank who is seeking to advance their academic careers and contribute to the mission of Concordia University Texas. Preference will be given to applicants with simulation experience and an earned terminal doctorate degree.
The successful candidate will have opportunities to collaborate in the implementation of an exceptional BSN and MSN nursing curriculum. Concordia University Texas is a private liberal arts university renown for academic excellence and commitment to student success. Concordia resides on beautiful 437-acre campus in the Texas Hill Country of Austin.
- The full-time faculty instructional load is 24 hours per academic year along with a 6 load hour expectation which consists of advising, committee work, course development and other
- Appointments will be made at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank depending upon academic experience and credentials with a terminal degree related to Nursing required for appointment at the Associate Professor This appointment will enter at the Initial appointment level of the agreements cycle and will be initially awarded a two-year renewable term agreement. Faculty hired without a terminal degree in the discipline are expected to enroll in such a program during the first agreement cycle for renewal and must make steady progress towards that degree for continued employment. Tuition support to meet this requirement is available through a Faculty Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Although the assigned teaching load may not span the full year this position is paid during the full 12-month academic
- Develop and lead high, mid and low fidelity simulations for medical-surgical, critical care, pediatric and maternity nursing.
- Evaluate student clinical skills in a skills laboratory and/or clinical environment.
- Order and maintain supplies and equipment needed for simulation experiences.
- Remediate students as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values.
- Masters in Nursing, with simulation experience specialization preferred; earned terminal doctorate degree in nursing or related discipline
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure in Texas as an
- Preference will be given to those with clinical and simulation teaching experience and evidence of teaching effectiveness and scholarship in the discipline of nursing.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to undergraduate education within the community of a Lutheran Christian university, membership in a Lutheran church is preferred but all members of Concordia's faculty must be a member of a recognized Christian church.
- Stand for long periods of time (8-12 hours).
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Demonstrate adequate coordination, balance, speed and agility to assist and safely move mannequins and equipment.
- Move, adjust and position patients, mannequins and/or equipment.
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.