Concordia University Texas invites applications for a full-time teaching position as Assistant or Associate Professor of Theology. The ability to teach a wide range of theology courses at the undergraduate level is required. Qualified applicants must be ordained members of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. In addition to teaching, the faculty member would assist with academic advising, and work closely with other faculty disciplines.
This position is a regular full-time instructional faculty position that will be hired into an Initial Level term contract and will be made at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank and is eligible for advancement in rank. This appointment prefers a completed terminal degree, but ABD or masters qualified with experience will be considered.
- This instructional faculty position has an expected annual teaching load of 30 load hours in theology, six of which can be dedicated to scholarship and/or service at the discretion of the Dean of Teaching and Learning (DTL) and Vice President of Academic Operations (VPAO). Courses to be assigned will be made in conjunction with the Theology Program Coordinator and DTL. This position will have primary teaching opportunities in Theology
- The successful candidate will communicate regularly with other instructors; develop new and revise theology courses and course documents as needed; establish best practices, technology adoptions, and textbook selections for area of discipline.
- Faculty member will advise and support students, serve on university committees, attend Department, College, and Faculty meetings; and participate in commencement ceremonies and other official events of the institution. Attend, on occasion, students’ extra-curricular events such as concerts, athletic events, art shows, drama, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Terminal degree in the area of Theology and an ordained minister and active on the roster of the LCMS
- Ability to teach theology courses, in accordance with LCMS doctrine, recognizing the diversity of our student body; college-level experience will be given preference.
- Must demonstrate equitable and inclusive practices both inside and outside the classroom.
- Must be experienced in teaching in multiple modalities such as fully on ground, fully online, and hybrid
- Shows a strong interest in Concordia’s mission to empower students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university rooted in the Lutheran tradition and aligned with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to the liberal arts education in the Christian tradition.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.