The School of Natural and Applied Science, Concordia University Texas, invites applications for a full-time teaching position as Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science. A person with a wide variety of expertise in Computer Science is desirable. The ability to teach a wide range of Computer Science courses at the undergraduate level is required. Applicants must have a strong commitment to undergraduate education within the context of a Christian, Liberal Arts University. In addition to teaching, the faculty member would assist with academic advising, provide support for the Computer Science laboratory setup and maintenance, and work with students on projects outside the classroom. This position will serve the role of program chair.
This position is a regular full-time instructional faculty position that will be hired into an Initial Level term contract that is eligible for consideration for our modified tenure level appointment and will be made at the Assistant Professor rank, and is eligible for advancement in rank. This appointment prefers a completed terminal degree, but ABD and Master’s Degree with experience will be considered.
- This instructional faculty position has an expected annual teaching load of 24 load hours in Computer Science and Computer Information Systems, which must span at least two academic terms.
- The successful candidate will communicate regularly with other instructors; develop new and revise Computer Science courses and course documents as needed; advise and support Computer Science majors, serve on university committees; attend Division, College, and Faculty meetings; and participate in commencement ceremonies and other official events of the institution.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related discipline preferred, although individuals with a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with experience will be considered
- Successful teaching is expected; college-level experience will be given preference
- Shows a strong interest in Concordia’s commitment to “Develop Christian Leaders”
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to the liberal arts education in the Christian tradition; membership in a Lutheran Church is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.