The College of Business and Communication at Concordia University Texas invites applications for Assistant Professor of Accounting. He or she will teach sections in graduate and undergraduate level accounting and related courses. The position is available immediately.
- Teach 24 credit hours in an academic year (four courses every fall and spring semester).
- Complete a 30-hour expectation with the remaining 6 hours consisting of advising, committee work, course development and other duties. Additional expectations include being part of the Concordia community.
- Establish best practices, technology adoptions, and textbook selections for the statistics and data driven classes.
- Assist with recruitment efforts to build concentration major.
- Communicate regularly with all adjunct instructors in the related areas.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and a willingness to incorporate new technologies into the classroom.
- Maintain effective academic advising and regular office hours.
- Attend (on occasion) students’ extra-curricular business networking events, concerts, athletic events, art shows, drama, etc.
- Serve on university committees and attend division, college, and faculty meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Candidates for Assistant or Associate Professor must hold a Ph.D. in business or doctorate in a related field with 18 graduate hours in accounting. ABD is acceptable if completed by August 2019.
- A CPA license is preferred with current industry experience.
- Applicants should have related industry experience and extensive knowledge working with Excel and knowledge of accounting software applications.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to education within the community of a Lutheran Christian university.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is identified. For more information about the position, please contact:
Dr. Elise Brazier
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.