- This instructional faculty position has an expected annual teaching load of 30 load hours in Mathematics and Mathematics Preparation for Education, which must span at least two academic terms, six hours of which can be accomplished through math center tutoring, institutional service, scholarship, and/or administrative duties. Courses and service assigned will be made in conjunction with the Program Chair of the Math Department and Dean of Teaching and Learning.
- The successful candidate will communicate regularly with other instructors; develop new and revise Math courses and course documents as needed; advise and support Math majors, serve on university committees; attend Division, College, and Faculty meetings; and participate in commencement ceremonies and other official events of the institution.
- While the successful candidate will teach many different levels of math coursework, they will be primarily responsible for the developmental math program design, supervision, and assessment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Ph.D. in Mathematics or Math Education or closely related discipline preferred, although individuals with a Master’s Degree in Math, Math education, or related discipline with experience will be considered.
- Successful teaching is expected; college-level experience will be given preference
- Experience in Developmental Math programs highly preferred.
- Shows a strong interest in Concordia’s commitment to “being the premier university where the adventure of faith, learning, and life-changing experiences leads to meaningful work.”
- Must have a strong commitment to the liberal arts education in the Christian tradition; membership in a Lutheran Church is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university rooted in the Lutheran tradition and affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.