The College of Arts and Sciences at Concordia University Texas invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Psychology. Area of expertise is open, however preference will be given to applicants with either a teaching or research background in Developmental Psychology. The faculty member in this position will be expected to primarily teach Life-span Development courses, however opportunities to teach other courses, both in traditional and online formats, will also exist. The position will begin in Fall 2018.
- Teach 24 credit hours in an academic year (four courses every fall and spring semester).
- Complete a 30-hour expectation with the remaining 6 hours consisting of academic advising, committee work, course development and other duties. Additional expectations include being part of the Concordia community and facilitating the development of the Psychology major by way of student recruitment/retention and upholding standards of academic excellence.
- Establish best practices, appropriate technology adoptions, and textbook selections for the Life-span Development courses.
- Develop and teach online courses.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and a willingness to incorporate new technologies into courses.
- Maintain effective academic advising and regular office hours.
- Attend (on occasion) students’ extra-curricular events such as concerts, athletic events, art shows, dramatic productions, etc.
- Serve on university committees and attend Major, School, College, and Faculty meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a Masters degree in Psychology or closely related field; doctoral degree in Psychology or closely related field strongly preferred. Applicants who do not hold a doctoral degree in Psychology or a closely related field should be willing to undertake doctoral study if appointed to the position.
- Specialization in Developmental Psychology, or Life-span Development, strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and/or teaching online courses.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching at the college level.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to undergraduate education within the community of a Lutheran Christian university.
Salary is commensurate upon rank, credentials, and experience
Review of applications will begin on March 1st 2018, and will continue until a successful candidate is identified. The position will start in Fall 2018.
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.