The College of Health Sciences, Concordia University Texas, invites applications for a full-time teaching position as Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing. The ability to teach a wide range of nursing courses at the undergraduate level is required. Applicants must have a strong commitment to undergraduate education within the context of a Christian, Liberal Arts University. In addition to teaching, the faculty member would assist with academic advising, some administrative work at the DFW Center and work closely with other faculty discipline leads in the nursing program.
This position is a regular full-time instructional faculty position that will be hired into an Initial Level term contract and will be made at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank and is eligible for advancement in rank. This appointment prefers a completed terminal degree, but ABD or masters qualified with experience will be considered.
- This instructional faculty position has an expected annual teaching load of 30 load hours in Nursing, six of which will be dedicated to administrative work at the DFW Center, and six of which can be dedicated to scholarship and/or service at the discretion of the college director and dean. Courses to be assigned will be made in conjunction with the Program Director of the Undergraduate Nursing Program and the Senior Director of the College of Health Sciences
- The successful candidate will communicate regularly with other instructors; develop new and revise nursing courses and course documents as needed; establish best practices, technology adoptions, and textbook selections for area of discipline.
- Faculty member will advise and support Nursing majors, serve on university committees, attend Division, College, and Faculty meetings; and participate in commencement ceremonies and other official events of the institution. Attend, on occasion, students’ extra-curricular events such as concerts, athletic events, art shows, drama, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Terminal degree in the area of Nursing. Successful teaching is expected; college-level experience will be given preference
- Must be experienced in teaching in multiple modalities such as fully on ground, fully online, and hybrid
- Shows a strong interest in Concordia’s mission to empower students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university rooted in the Lutheran tradition and affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to the liberal arts education in the Christian tradition.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Travel to the main campus in Austin on a regular basis.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.