Concordia University Texas is a Lutheran liberal arts university, committed to student centered learning for students of all backgrounds. We seek faculty who are committed to excellent pedagogy, approach teaching and learning in a student centered way and from a lens that prioritizes both the Christian faith and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Area of teaching focus: This position will teach a wide range of nursing courses at the undergraduate level
Other duties: All faculty assist with academic advising and other student support measures as needed. In addition, all faculty are expected to communicate regularly with other instructors; develop new and revise nursing courses and course documents as needed; establish best practices, technology adoptions, and textbook selections for area of discipline. Faculty member also serve on university committees, attend Department, College, and Faculty meetings; and participate in commencement ceremonies and other official events of the institution. In addition, faculty members are expected to attend, on occasion, students’ extra-curricular events such as concerts, athletic events, art shows, drama, etc.
Successful candidates for this position must:
- Be academically qualified to teach nursing courses. A Master’s degree in nursing is required, a terminal degree (DNP, PhD) in the area of nursing is preferred.
- Be committed to teaching at a Lutheran university and from a distinctly Christian lens. Active participation in a Christian church required; in a Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod church preferred.
- Have an active and unencoumbered Texas RN license and/or multi-state RN license
Successful faculty members at Concordia University Texas will be able to:
- Articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision, and values
- Approach teaching and learning from a faith perspective, continually learning about their own faith identity as well as Concordia’s commitment to teaching through the Lutheran learning model.
- Prioritize excellent teaching in a variety of teaching modalities (face to face, online, hybrid), recognizing the diversity of our student body.
- Demonstrate equitable and inclusive practices both inside and outside the classroom
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.