The Administrative Assistant to the Leadership Team (“Leadership Team” includes the President, Provost and Vice Presidents) works as a team member with the Executive Assistants providing assistance for the Leadership Team members. The position is responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks of the office in an efficient manner. This includes budget, scheduling, communications, events planning (in conjunction with the Campus Events Coordinator) and other projects as assigned by the Executive Assistants. The Administrative Assistant will work under minimal supervision, with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment and decision-making. The position requires independent management of work but also collaboration with a team – both the Leadership Team, as well as the Administrative Support Team. This position requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Budget: Processes all check requests, reimbursements, PO’s, etc., for all Leadership Team members, and others as requested by Leadership Team members. Additionally, reconciles purchase card transactions for all Leadership Team members.
- Scheduling: Schedules internal and external meetings for Leadership Team members. Serves as the resource person for Leadership Team members and for faculty for reserving room space on campus.
- Meetings: Hosts meetings of the Leadership Team members, to include greeting guests to campus, ordering food as needed, and creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for meetings, as needed and requested, by Leadership Team members. This includes regular quarterly New Hire meetings hosted by both the President and the Provost.
- Communication: Maintains Tornado Times pages for Provost and Executive Team, including posting the President’s Monday Morning Memo, and other campus-wide communications, as needed.
- Events: In conjunction with the Campus Events Coordinator, plans all internal events associated with Leadership Team to include the Honors Convocation, retirement celebrations, commencement, Spring Awards Ceremony, President’s Forums, End of Year Celebration, Fall Kick Off Event, and others as needed.
- Special Projects: Serves as the special projects coordinator for the Executive Office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience providing administrative support.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- Strong organizational and problem resolution skills with ability to set priorities, independently develop a work schedule and work in a team atmosphere
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact professionally within all levels of the organization, including external constituencies
- Ability to handle administrative issues, to analyze and solve work-related problems
- Highly effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with a high level of integrity
- Ability to interpret and abide by CTX’s values, mission, policies and procedures
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Must be able to occasionally lift boxes up to 30 lbs.
- May have extended hours during peak times.
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.