The Admissions Administrative Coordinator supports Concordia’s mission, vision and values and directly contributes to enrollment by coordinating various aspects of prospective students’ experience. This position is responsible for handling Admissions’ inbound calls and assisting the Admissions team in advanced administrative tasks, visit coordination, and technical assistance. The Coordinator delivers a high quality first impression for campus guests, ensuring that each student’s visit to campus is a customized and high-quality experience. The Coordinator could also have a small population of students that require email correspondence. High-level of professionalism, organization, communications skills, and customer service are required. Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Serve as the front desk staff of Admissions, greeting all guests and coordinating all aspects of a guest’s first impression.
- Utilize system to respond to visit requests and leads within a 24-hour timeframe, secure new visit registrations, optimize relationships with upcoming student visitors and coordinate qualified student leads to the appropriate admissions counselor.
- Serves as a department receptionist by answering multiple-line phones, routing callers to the appropriate division staff, recording interactions in university-wide CRM, and taking messages.
- Works with a small student population for TRAD admissions assistance. Usually over email correspondence.
- Coordinate with supervisor and execute all logistics for visit coordination for groups, individuals and appointments for all of Admissions.
- Coordinate campus visit and tour program to include coordinating with student workers each semester.
- Meet with vendors to improve the campus visit experience through web, app and/or software improvements.
- Collaborate with supervisor to develop and implement strategic initiatives for campus guest experience (virtual and in-person).
- Check and distribute correspondence from the general inbox to appropriate team member on a daily basis, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain the Welcome Center front desk ensuring a clean, professional area and materials/forms are organized.
- Keep accurate and organized records in the CRM of all visits, events, and student interactions.
- Performs assigned administrative duties, including managing supply inventory and orders, managing division calendars, coordinating recruitment-oriented events, and reserving meeting spaces.
- Work with other employees on the tasks and processes related to students in their small territory.
- Potentially work with small population via email.
- Help with GPA Calculations when needed.
All other duties as assigned.
- Professionally represent the university with the ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience managing an office preferred
- Excellent customer-service, communication skills and exceptional phone presence with the ability to develop and foster relationships with internal and external constituents
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgment, problem-solve and think critically in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters and potential emergency situations
- Effective organizational and written communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, take initiative, and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment while managing multiple tasks and projects
- Computer literate with the demonstrated ability to operate a PC and other standard office equipment as well as work on the Internet
- Demonstrated skill to use MS Office products, including: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with multi-line phone systems
- Experience with CRM database required, TargetX or Salesforce experience preferred
- Demonstrate dependability with proper work schedule and completing tasks
- Demonstrate great attention to detail in projects and in every day assignments
- Ability to work and interact well with students, all levels of Faculty/Staff, Administration, Senior Administration, and the general public
- Pleasant and professional demeanor
- Attendance and punctuality are a must
- Able to endure extended periods of sitting, typing, and talking on the phone
- Able to cope with high stress situations and maintain composure at all times
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, strong service-oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Frequent lifting and carrying of supplies and materials in office
- Must be able to walk around campuses several times a day
- Ability to travel off campus for coordination of errands and tasks
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Concordia University Texas empowers students of all backgrounds to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership. As a liberal arts university, Concordia develops the mind, heart, soul, and body, preparing leaders for lives of service. As a private, faith-based university, employees must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen campus diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. Concordia does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.