The Admissions Counselor I plays a key role in growing the program within its assigned territory by developing and facilitating varied recruitment activities designed to attract and enroll new students. This position serves prospective students across our populations – undergraduate, transfer, adult, and graduate – and across all programs. This position will support the University’s admissions enrollment plan for new and prospective students by promoting the University and informing external constituents of the opportunities at Concordia University Texas.
- Recruitment/Outreach: Form working relationships with assigned market whether public schools, community colleges, pastors or businesses through the use of visitation programs, electronic communications, presentations and promotional events; coordinate with other admissions counselors in conducting student orientation events which will educate prospective students and others about the University and programs; follow up on inquiries regularly
- Advising: Assist prospective students, families and applicants with pre-admissions requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid opportunities, and general academic advising, where applicable
- Enrollment: Support enrollment goals by assisting the admissions team in evaluating and revising existing programs as well as the creation of new enrollment strategies; prepare and distribute information and application packets for prospective students and parents and be proactive about following up to achieve enrollment goals
- Support: Perform general administrative duties including maintenance of filing systems, sorting and processing mail, handling expense reports and assisting supervisor as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and progressive related experience with admissions initiatives
- A minimum of one year of customer service sales experience
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Ability to foster teamwork, work cooperatively and effectively with others on goals setting, problem resolution and decision making
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress and track results
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of print, web and social media platforms
- Working knowledge of SIS and CRM database systems
- Ability to interpret and abide by CTX’s values, mission, policies and procedures
- Requires non-traditional work hours including evenings and weekends with statewide travel up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to walk around campuses several times a day
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be ability to sit or stand at a computer 6 to 7 hours a day when in the office
Concordia University Texas offers an all-inclusive benefits package to eligible employees. For additional information click here: Benefits
Commitment to the Concordia Mission
Concordia University Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). As a private, faith-based University, employees must be supportive of our mission of Developing Christian Leaders and our spiritual principles and values as a Lutheran institution of higher education. To the extent allowed by law, we reserve the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.